Inspire the Dream of a Child
Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County provide quality, educational and fun programs in a safe, dependable atmosphere to over 10,120 youth across Collin County each year. In order to continue to offer these children the love, support, and tools they need to become caring, responsible adults, we need volunteers like you. Be a volunteer. You can inspire the dream of a child!
Volunteer during the School Year or Summer
- General Volunteers to help out with daily activities and projects
- Homework Tutor/assistant
- Mentor a special child
- Technology volunteer to aid in assistance on computer programs and training
- Club Facility maintenance inside and out
- Special Events
- 15 Years of Age or Older
- Complete Volunteer Application
- Criminal Background Check
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Complete Volunteer Training Orientation
- All youth volunteers under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
Follow the simple 3 Step Volunteer Process
Complete and submit volunteer application online.
• Prospective volunteers will receive a confirmation email stating their application has been received (allow 7-10 business days to receive this confirmation).
Sign up and attend an orientation.
• The confirmation email will provide you with a link to sign up for orientation.
Complete background check.
• You will receive a separate email to complete a background check through Crimcheck.
Orientation Training Information
For any questions please email Debra Sweezer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (469) 888-4620 Ext. 110
- “My experience with the Boys and Girls Club has been fulling in many ways. It is exciting to see each child flourish mentally and emotionally as they strive to develop self-worth, self-discipline, leadership skills, and the ability to problem solve in different areas of their lives. The excitement and self-accomplishment they express when they understand a homework assignment or make a good grade on a project makes me feel blessed to walk alongside them in this journey.”AngelaMcKinney Branch Volunteer
- “Mentoring at the BGCCC is a great program where everyone who participates gets rewarded. One of my highlights each and every week is the big grin I get from my mentee every time that I see him. He is learning from me and I am learning from him. Volunteering at the BGCCC is a great experience. The kids are fantastic and look forward to spending time with volunteers. I have been fortunate to spend time with them both on the soccer field and on the basketball court. You get to see the kids improve which is very rewarding. When I was told the kids look forward to me coming to coach soccer it made me feel that I was making a difference.”WaynePlano Branch Volunteer/Mentor
- “Volunteering at the Boys and Girls Club has been such a rewarding experience. They have amazing folks that run enriching programs for the kids so that volunteers like me can easily connect and find the right way to pitch in and help. The excitement that the kids have when they are working on their STEAM projects or programming Lego bots is contagious and I feel fortunate that I can be a part of it.”Mindy - ToyotaFrisco Branch Volunteer
- “The B&GC organization has impacted me for many years. This began when I was in elementary school and had the opportunity to attend my local B&GC, where I was exposed to numerous activities and events to present day with having the opportunity to be a mentor. As a mentor, my goal is to show a child (or children) that adults are still cool and we like to have fun just like they do! But ultimately, give them someone to look up to, to be a positive impact and influence in their lives, and to be someone that cares about their day ?”RashadFrisco Branch Mentor
- “Being a mentor at the Boys and Girls Club of McKinney is such a rewarding experience. Seeing my mentee’s face light up when I walk through the door is the highlight of my day. Giving back to our community makes a difference in my life as well as the young man I am mentoring.”Leigh AnneMcKinney Branch Mentor