Thank you for your interest in volunteering with BGCCC!
Our volunteers are very important in helping us continue our mission of enhancing the lives of our youth. Safety is of the utmost importance for our youth, staff, and volunteers and we continue to closely monitor as we transition through COVID-19 . We are currently accepting volunteer applications for the opportunities listed below.
If you need anything further please contact Kendall Bose, Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Inspire the Dream of a Child
Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County provide quality, educational and fun programs in a safe, dependable atmosphere to over 10,120 youth across Collin County each year. In order to continue to offer these children the love, support, and tools they need to become caring, responsible adults, we need volunteers like you. Be a volunteer. You can inspire the dream of a child!
Volunteer during the School Year or Summer
- General Volunteers: Help with daily activities and projects in the clubs. This position works directly with youth to positively impact their lives.
Homework Tutor/assistant: Give assistance to youth struggling with school curriculum and make a difference in their education.
Mentor a special child: This one-on-one mentorship position gives you the opportunity to be a positive role model in a youth’s life and give them the skills needed to create positive change.
Technology Volunteer: Aid in assistance on computer programs and training, giving youth critical life skills for their futures.
Club Facility Maintenance (inside and out): Help keep the clubs functioning and safe for the community by repairing and maintaining club facilities.
Special Events: These events are extremely important to the continuation of our organization as they help provide needed funding to the clubs and their programs. This means that volunteering for these events can be the perfect way to get involved in your community.
- Poker Tournament – June 16, 2022 (e.g., Runners, Decoration, Event Setup, Registration, Raffle Ticket Sales, etc.)
- Chrysalis Gala – October 15, 2022 (e.g., Decoration, Event Setup, Registration, etc.)
- 15 Years of Age or Older
- Complete Volunteer Application
- Criminal Background Check
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Complete Volunteer Training Orientation
- All youth volunteers under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- “My experience with the Boys and Girls Club has been fulling in many ways. It is exciting to see each child flourish mentally and emotionally as they strive to develop self-worth, self-discipline, leadership skills, and the ability to problem solve in different areas of their lives. The excitement and self-accomplishment they express when they understand a homework assignment or make a good grade on a project makes me feel blessed to walk alongside them in this journey.”AngelaMcKinney Branch Volunteer
- “Mentoring at the BGCCC is a great program where everyone who participates gets rewarded. One of my highlights each and every week is the big grin I get from my mentee every time that I see him. He is learning from me and I am learning from him. Volunteering at the BGCCC is a great experience. The kids are fantastic and look forward to spending time with volunteers. I have been fortunate to spend time with them both on the soccer field and on the basketball court. You get to see the kids improve which is very rewarding. When I was told the kids look forward to me coming to coach soccer it made me feel that I was making a difference.”WaynePlano Branch Volunteer/Mentor
- “Volunteering at the Boys and Girls Club has been such a rewarding experience. They have amazing folks that run enriching programs for the kids so that volunteers like me can easily connect and find the right way to pitch in and help. The excitement that the kids have when they are working on their STEAM projects or programming Lego bots is contagious and I feel fortunate that I can be a part of it.”Mindy - ToyotaFrisco Branch Volunteer
- “The B&GC organization has impacted me for many years. This began when I was in elementary school and had the opportunity to attend my local B&GC, where I was exposed to numerous activities and events to present day with having the opportunity to be a mentor. As a mentor, my goal is to show a child (or children) that adults are still cool and we like to have fun just like they do! But ultimately, give them someone to look up to, to be a positive impact and influence in their lives, and to be someone that cares about their day ?”RashadFrisco Branch Mentor
- “Being a mentor at the Boys and Girls Club of McKinney is such a rewarding experience. Seeing my mentee’s face light up when I walk through the door is the highlight of my day. Giving back to our community makes a difference in my life as well as the young man I am mentoring.”Leigh AnneMcKinney Branch Mentor