The start of every year brings out the successful reflection of what we accomplished in 2017 and our goals for 2018. Each year we prepare an annual report for Boys & Girls Clubs of America and we will be finalizing our financial and program annual report we publish and provide to supporters and prospective donors later in the year.
Our annual report will show an increase in number of children served in all three of our branches, and increased number of supporters volunteering, mentoring and tutoring the young people we serve. In the past 5 years we have grown the number of members in our clubs by 80%. This type of growth means more funds needed to serve more and more children and families moving to this area. Our budget for 2018 shows that we must raise $275,000 each month to support our programs for the children, three facilities, 21 buses and vans, our full and part time staff and our after school and summer programs. Our After-School Program runs from 2:00PM to 7:30PM depending on the times classes are out in the school districts we serve and what time the parents can pick up their children. In the Summer Program, we serve children from 7:00AM to 6:00PM each day throughout the summer. It cost us over $1,000 per year for each child we serve
In 2018 in addition to our on-going fund-raising activities, applying for grants and working with our individual and corporate supporters we will be have a wide variety of special events open to the public. For your planning purposes they include:
• April or May – 9th Annual Crawfish Boil – Date to be determines
• May – Special 50th Anniversary Event – more to come later
• June 16 – Collin Classic Bile Rally – more in this newsletter
• August 24 – Shooting for the Future sporting clay event
• September 20 – North Texas Giving Day
• September 21/22 – Plano Balloon Festival
• September/October – Swing for the Kids Charity Golf Tournament – date TBD
• October 20 – Chrysalis Ball – Largest fund-raising event of the year, our annual galaOne of our largest fund-raising events is a special Capital One Golf Classic that is put on by Capital one and involves their partners, and supporters and we are privileged to be a recipient of the funds raised,We count on your support for those events that appeal to you and in each of these events, we need volunteers. If you wish to help on any of these events, please contact Liliana Rogers, Chief Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our kids,
E. Michael Simpson